Redshift Astronomy - Download Edition
Redshift for iOS has been consistently voted five of five stars and featured in Apple’s 2011 rewind!
The Mac version Redshift Astronomy with even more features is now available for Mac!
Contents: Download for Mac
£ 13.49 or 14,99 €
Redshift brings the night sky to your desktop! You can travel to stars, nebulae and clusters in the depth of the Galaxy and even fly around the Milky Way!
Perform various amazing 3-D flights and visit all planets in our Solar System and their main moons. Detailed surface maps display those objects in a close-up right before your eyes. Once you have arrived at your target object, you can enter into an orbit around the celestial body – just like an astronaut in a real spacecraft.
- The application goes beyond the basic planetarium as it also displays a 3D-model of the nearby part of our Galaxy.
- More than 2,500,000 stars, 70,000 fascinating Deep Sky objects, 10,000 minor planets, 250 famous comets visiting our planet, all major and dwarf planets, as well as Earth’s Moon and the main planetary moons
- 3D-depiction of the Solar System’s 25 major moons, 10 minor planets and more than 30 fascinating deep space objects
- Comprehensive astronomical data for all celestial objects
- Scenic 3D-flights round stars, planets, moons and deep space objects
- Live update option to download new discoveries and orbital data of satellites, comets and asteroids.
- Various ambient settings
- „Time travel“: Create night sky views for any location at any time in the past or in the future (from 1000 A.D. to 3000 A.D.)
- Enhanced Dictionary of Astronomy and integrated display of information gathered from Wikipedia
More features available via In-App purchase:
- Telescope control
- Enlarged databases: 1,000,000 deep sky objects; 500,000 asteroids, 2,000 comets
- Improved Sky Diary (Conjunctions and Meteor Showers)
- 3D-models of more than 30 famous galaxies and flights to/around them
- Online access to the USNO-B1.0 catalog of 1,000,000,000 stars
- Extended time interval: 4713 B.C. – 9999 A.D.
- Exact numerical integration of asteroids and comets motion
Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later
CPU Type: Intel Core
RAM: 1 GB
Graphics: 1024 x 768, True Color (32 Bit)
Hard Disk Space: 500 MB
Audio: 16 Bit
Internet for online features