Redshift Forum >> Miscellaneous >> Questions about Redshift7

Questions about Redshift7 - 16.11.2009 15:40

Tom

1 Post

Tom

Send message
I've just installed R7 in my Laptop and have a few questions...

1) Is there some way to change the appearance of stars within a workspace? Right now I see brighter stars as 4-pointed images, which is a characteristic of photographs taken through some telescopes but does NOT reflect a realistic view of the skies. Can I change the settings somehow to make these stars either points or dots?

2) Can I download or generate alternate landscapes? I live in a relatively flat, coastal region and find that the mountainous horizon in R7 is distracting, and covers quite a bit of the sky image.

Thanks!

Tom E.
Virginia, USA
Questions about Redshift7 - 01.12.2009 09:27

Peter

68 Posts

Peter

Send message
Tom schrieb:
I've just installed R7 in my Laptop and have a few questions...

1) Is there some way to change the appearance of stars within a workspace? Right now I see brighter stars as 4-pointed images, which is a characteristic of photographs taken through some telescopes but does NOT reflect a realistic view of the skies. Can I change the settings somehow to make these stars either points or dots?

2) Can I download or generate alternate landscapes? I live in a relatively flat, coastal region and find that the mountainous horizon in R7 is distracting, and covers quite a bit of the sky image.

Thanks!

Tom E.
Virginia, USA

Hi Tom,

1) yes, the stars can be changed, although this is not officially supported.

Here:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/ahb0038/n/rs6-7_star_icons_zip

one of the programmers uploaded an alternative version of the star images, as he posted on the German part of this forum. Just take the two files included in the ZIP and copy them to (Redshift-folder)\Media\SkyObjects\Icons . Please make sure you backup your original files before overwriting!

2) Have you tried the different landscapes included with Redshift? Depending on the version there are currently up to 5. The Launcher, however, only includes the mountain view.

To change the panorama, right-click onto the sky, and in the menu "Horizon->Panorama" choose the one you'd like.

Currently we do not support adding new panoramas, but that's something we're planning to do for the very near future.

Cheers,
Peter

Search
Astronomy Software

Solar Eclipse by Redshift

Solar Eclipse by Redshift for iOS

Observe, understand, and marvel at the solar eclipse on August 21, 2017! » more

Solar Eclipse by Redshift

Solar Eclipse by Redshift for Android

Observe, understand, and marvel at the solar eclipse on August 21, 2017! » more